What's New @ The DIY Dreamer

Friday, March 30, 2012

Product Review - The Sewing Loft





Heather from The Sewing Loft contacted me a few weeks ago, asking me if I would be interested in doing a Product Review of her Fabric Flower Headband Pattern.  I explained to her that I don't sew, I would love to sew.. but I don't.  I own a sewing machine (an old clunker my mother-in-law gave me) and the only sewing I did was back in high school (a pencil case and an apron).  
However, Heather assured me that her pattern was for all skill levels.


Guess what??  She was right!!!





I was able to create a headband!!  I'm so happy!!  And I must say... quite proud of myself!!
All this thanks to The Sewing Loft!!

The pattern is a PDF file which you can view on your computer and print.  I printed mine right away, when I'm working on something I like to have the instructions right next to me.

The instructions were perfect, very easy to follow... 
PLUS Heather is always available if you have any questions.  BONUS!  
Oh and the instructions also come with step by step photos.. which makes it even easier to follow.

Honestly.. I am REALLY happy!!  This pattern has me convinced that I can SEW!!  


Want to see more Patterns and Creations from The Sewing Loft?


My girls would LOVE these!!  And so would your kids!!
Especially if it's handmade by you!

Look at these cute Bunnies!!
Heather even mentions that this pattern is perfect for reclaiming 
your child's favorite clothing or even that special blanket that has been really ''loved''.

The Sewing Loft even offers some Ready Made:


So much eye candy!!!  Lots of creativity!



Make sure to visit The Sewing Loft Blog... LOTS of tutorials for various projects.

I'm pretty certain by reading this post you can already tell that 
I'll be giving The Sewing Loft a big THUMBS UP!

THANK YOU The Sewing Loft... I CAN SEW NOW!!

26 comments:

TheSewingLoft said...

Love it! You did a great job... and that cutie!!
~Heather

Janis said...

This headband is so adorable! I'm glad to know about the sewing loft as well. Great to find you and excited to be following!

Melissa @ LoveBugLiving said...

Great job! Turned out cute. Love her patterns!
Melissa
www.lovebugliving.com

Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

That is so cute!!! I love the dot fabric you pick. Just perfect! Thanks for sharing at the project party! xoxo- Rachel

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

This is too cute! I love the fabric...thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Such an adorable headband! Megan

Suburban Prairie Homemaker said...

I love this! I might have to make some to include with my Little Dresses for Haiti! If you'd like to join me, you can read about the project in my blog archives (January). Great job - and a wonderful way to use up oddments from your stash...
Ann @ Suburban Prairie Homemaker
www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com

cassandrasminicorner said...

Good job:) Beautiful headband..


Visiting for Pink Sundays- hope you can stop by:)

http://www.loveablecassandra.com/2012/03/shes-my-yellow-bear.html

Michelle said...

Very cute stuff! The headband came out so well! :)

meijo's JOY said...

So adorable! Your girl is precious!

VintageMauve.com said...

Looks so cute, Christine! Dare I say, I would probably sport a cute headband like that too!

Thanks for sharing on Mauvin' Monday!

Crafty Cousins said...

What a fun idea! I love the colors. I'd love for you to link it up with us at Crafty Cousins!
http://crafting-cousins.blogspot.com/2012/03/what-i-wore-sunday-week-10.html

~Natalie @ Crafty Cousins

Crafty Cousins said...

I'm an idiot. You already did! I still love it, and thanks for linking up!

~Nat

Vanessa Barker said...

That headband is so cute. I could get away with my hair in a pony most days this summer if I'm covering it with something like that!
I'd love if you'd come link up at my first ever Tuesday Tutorial at Our Thrifty Ideas http://www.ourthriftyideas.com/2012/04/tutorial-tuesday-1.html

Just Jaime said...

What a cute headband!

Mindie Hilton said...

Super cute headband.

Jessica @ Sunny Tuesday said...

That headband is so sweet!

Kelley Wilson said...

Wow I can't wait to try some of her patterns, they are great!

Etcetorize said...

Great job! Hopefully you'll want to do more sewing now! Thanks for linking up at Etcetorize~

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

So glad to read this review - I've never heard of The Sewing Loft before! Love the patterns! Your headband turned out so cute!

Amber Mae said...

So cute! Feeling super envious of anyone with a sewing machine right now.

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon said...

You should be proud of yourself, that is one cute headband! Thanks for sharing with us this week! I hope that you have a wonderful Easter!

Take care,

Trish

Liz @ Here's to Handy Andy said...

The headband is adorable! I am featuring it tomorrow on my blog! http://herestohandyandy.blogspot.com/

Emily Morgenstern said...

Wonderful!! I'm so getting this pattern. I've been wanting to learn this headband. AND, it sounds like if you can do it, I can do it!! :)

Emily @ 52mantels.com

Danielle Wagasky said...

I featured you today at Blissful and Domestic. Stop by and grab a button!

Danielle@Blissful and Domestic
www.blissfulanddomestic.com

ToSewWith Love said...

what a lovely shop! the headband is so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...